Various indicators can suggest a rodent infestation in your home. One of the most prevalent signs is the presence of small, cylindrical droppings near food sources or areas where rodents may be nesting. Also, other common signs are gnawing marks on furniture, electrical wires, and other structures. If rodents have been on your premises for an extended period, they may build nests using shredded paper, insulation, or other materials in secluded areas such as attics or walls. Moreover, you may hear scratching noises on your property as the rodent move about.
Mice and rats, commonly regarded as pests, infiltrate residences, causing damage to property and spreading disease. They gnaw on various objects, including electrical wires, insulation, walls, and structural beams, resulting in significant property damage. They consume or destroy crops in agricultural fields, leading to reduced yields.
Tom’s Pest Control specialises in detecting, eradicating, and preventing rodent infestations. We adopt effective techniques, such as trapping, baiting, and exclusion, to manage pest populations on your property.
Removing Rodents from Your Home Is Essential
Eradicating rodents from your premises can prevent the following:
- Potential health hazards: Rodents carry diseases that can spread to humans through their droppings, urine, or bites, resulting in severe conditions like Hantavirus, leptospirosis, salmonellosis, tularemia, and rat-bite fever.
- property damage: Rodents can cause substantial harm to buildings and houses by chewing on electrical wires, insulation, walls, and other structures.
- Contamination of food: Rodents can contaminate food and food preparation areas, putting people and pets at risk of contracting diseases.
- Allergic reactions: Individuals may develop allergies to rodent dander, urine, or droppings, leading to respiratory issues, itchiness, and other symptoms.
- Foul smells: Dead rodents and their nests can release unpleasant odours that can be difficult to eliminate.
Preventing rodents from entering your home requires sealing all cracks and holes on the exterior of your house. Furthermore, storing food in airtight containers and disposing of garbage in sealed containers can minimise the attractiveness to rodents. Reducing hiding places for rodents is also advisable by removing piles of wood, debris, and other clutter from your property. Additionally, trimming trees and bushes to avoid providing access to rodents to your rooflines and attics is essential. Finally, if you have pets at home, storing their food in airtight containers and promptly cleaning up any spills to reduce the attraction for rodents is crucial.
Rodents are primarily nocturnal and are not easily seen during the day. They have an omnivorous diet and consume many food sources, including pet food, stored grains, fruits, and vegetables. These pests construct nests in warm, dark, and secluded areas like attics, walls, and crawl spaces using materials like shredded paper and insulation. Rodents reproduce rapidly and have a large litter, resulting in fast population growth and severe infestations.
Common Rodent Pest Species
Trust The Experts for Effective Rodent Removal
Tom’s Pest Control has a team of professional pest exterminators specialising in rodent removal services. As experts in this field, we can effectively eliminate all types of rodents from your property.
Talk to us now to learn more about pest control services.